Sunday, May 22, 2016

Day 17: Actually Found the Bulkhead

So if you go back to Day 14, I tried to find the Bulkhead on my own, and I wasn't able to find it. Today went much better though, because Daisy and I hiked up to the Cabin and decided that we had to go to the Bulkhead at least once before graduating. So, we started hiking up, found the trail (which was actually a different trail than the one I'd gone on before, which would explain why I didn't get to the Bulkhead). Neither of us had been there before, so we were kind of guessing. We didn't know how long the hike would be (it was a bit longer than I'd expected) nor how hard it would be (it was a bit harder than I expected too), but once we got there the views were so beautiful and impressive, a lot more beautiful than I expected as well. We took our pictures and just sat there for a little bit taking everything in. Lately I have begun to process that I'll be leaving in less than a week, and going up to the Bulkhead made me feel a bit better, more ready to go. Deep down I felt as though I hadn't fully accomplished my work during my four years here because I hadn't been able to find the Bulkhead, and I felt really accomplished when we finally made it up there. The views were so beautiful, and I am really glad that we found our way there.






1 comment:

  1. Ouais! Bravo Elena, c'est vraiment un endroit sensass, n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete